Friday, May 30, 2014

Protecting Marine Resources

Protecting Marine Resources:



     We are disturbing marine wildlife and nature, when we don't recycle and continue to pollute the oceans. Marine mammals can mistake our trash as food, in which they consume and end up dying. This can result in extinction in the mammals.  

     On a personal level, I believe that we should put a stop to using anything non-biodegradable. A great number of marine mammals are dying each year due to the amount of pollution and carelessness. Using paper bags instead of plastic bags will tremendously help our environment and help the animals live longer.

      I think marine resources are over used and carelessly abused. Huge ships are polluting the oceans with gas and oil everyday. Grocery stores have become more aware of the pollution problem and started to use paper bags and recyclable bags. Although, in many stores plastic is still continued to be used on a daily basis. Over a significant time period when the pollution affect becomes worse I think people will then begin to realize how bad pollution is when the marine species starts dying off. Recycling and being responsible for trash is so important because little by little you are saving and helping the marine mammals, oceans and environment. 

     In order to protect marine resources both now and in the future, I will be more aware of where my trash ends up and I will continue using paper bags when I shop and bio-degradable plastic water bottles. I will also continue to recycle and be more cautious about the pollution around us. I will do anything to help the environment and prevent it from turning to trash.  

No comments:

Post a Comment